Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Already


Happy New Year…&  A Bit of Fun.
Well I have been sick for a while and not really had the inclination to blog or sew or do much at all really…
So here I am in the new year, feeling a bit better and ready for some fun…
Over the years I have been given a few beautiful cups as gifts by friends and family (they know I love them) and they have sat on a shelf gathering dust because I didn’t want to risk breaking them or chipping them.
After being so sick I have come to realize that I will die one day and perhaps regret not using those beautiful gifts…
This reminds me a lot of the beautiful gifts and talents we have been given by God, and that perhaps we can tend to not use them because we think we are not good enough at something or that perhaps there is always someone better out there…
Ladies I would say to you to go ahead and use those talents that you have been given, to bring love and joy, peace and inspiration into the lives of those around you…We can all think we are not good enough but the Truth is we don’t have to be, because we already are, what you have is enough…just use it.

God has given you amazing gifts, but the greatest was His son, as we have just celebrated Christmas we are reminded of this…


Here is the fun…
I will try each day to post a picture of one of my beautiful cups being used, and write the name of the person who gave it to me and the year (if I can remember)…
So for today it is this one

I got this beautiful at retreat last year (2012) from Khristina, I won it in the steal-a-gift game and was totally enamoured by it.
Perhaps you have something that you are letting gather dust in fear of breaking it…I would say it is too late once you are gone to change the things you wish you had used, or said to a loved one or done…
Be bold and courageous and try to live now…


Happy living
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree Amanda no one else will want our special things so we should enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful cup, perfect for a morning cuppa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Life is too short to not enjoy our things while we can!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete