Friday, June 29, 2012

Been Sewing...Can't Believe It.

My First Jelly Roll Quilt Top


I don't believe it  but I have actually done some sewing...I had a beautiful French General "Panier De Fleurs" Jelly Roll gathering dust in amongst my fabrics and I decided it was time to try out the Jelly Roll challenge...
I did part of it last week at our Sewing group and some more this morning at sewing group, but did not do too much because I forgot my 1/4 inch foot for my machine and felt weird sewing without it... I know I know, I'm a big sook...Hehehe.


I decided to sort out my sewing room a bit more to feel happy enough to get sewing again in my own space, and then finished off the Jelly roll top this evening...
I was not too happy with the way the colours bunched up, I was so careful with making sure I alternated with one dark and one light as well as alternating reds and blues...But darn it, some of the blues bunched up anyhow...well I am too tired to even think about how I managed that just yet...I am sure to have a good look at it before the next Jelly Roll top is started...I think I may drop some of the solids so as there are only one of each solid.
I am going to finish this off over the next little while, I am not sure yet what to use for the borders...Any suggestions for the best colour?
I did enjoy making it of course.

What to sew next?? we will see.

Happy Stitching...

Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda!

    It is gorgeous! I love these easy to piece quilts, don't you? smile!!!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete